Your support and contributions will enable us to meet our goals and improve conditions. Your generous donation will fund our mission.
Churches/Groups: Thank you for your consideration. As we move further along in preparation of the Sojourner House of Hope, there are many ways you can help. Please consider and give as you are able. If unable to give monetarily, would you be willing to choose one or two items an collect them to share with our project?
• Weighted Blankets
• Sponsor a Program Participant - $200/mo
• Other sponsor levels (online subscription) $150, $75, $50, $25 etc.
• "Adopt a Room" - pray for those who will be residing in that room
• Postage Stamps
• Monthly Bus Passes (given to residents for the first month) $40
• Feminine Hygiene Products
• Personal Care Products - Hair brushes, combs, cotton swabs
• Mesh Laundry Bags - 24
• Heavy Duty Mildew Resistant Shower Curtain
• Gift Cards - Wal-Mart, Kohl's Lowe's, Sheetz, Grocery Stores
• Snow Shovels (2), rock salt, broom, dust pan
• NIV Recovery Bibles
• Easy to read Bibles
• Audio Bible
Job Title: Mentor/Spiritual Coach
Department: Women's Transitional Housing
Reports To: Director
Classification: Voluntary Part-Time
Job Summary: Provide encouragement and spiritual guidance for women in the House of Hope program. Serve as a positive Christian role model by sharing their faith, developing an ongoing, one-to-one relationship, and planning and participating in activities together. Assist the individual in working toward achieving their personal, spiritual, and employment goals.
Duties and Responsibilities: Contacts:
* Have personal one-on-one contact with resident at least once a week.
Have contact by phone, email, or other electronic communication between personal meetings.
* Spend a minimum of 8 hours per month one-on-one with the resident.
Plan activities with the resident to do together.
Guidance and Support:
Develop an authentic, compassionate, empathic, friendship with the resident. Be a positive Christian role model, sharing your faith, and helping the resident to develop their faith in Christ. Assist the resident with working toward their personal, spiritual, employment or educational
Help resident to find the appropriate resources to meet her needs. Periodically evaluate with the resident the health of your relationship.
Recordkeeping and Reporting:
* Keep a brief log of all contacts with the resident.
* Report any critical incidents or concerns to the Supportive Housing Case Manager.
* Submit a monthly report to the volunteer coordinator.
* Attend mentor group support meetings as scheduled.
Complete all mentor training sessions.
* Participate in all required trainings for volunteers.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
Works in collaboration with all other House of Hope and STM staff to facilitate a team environment. Use effective communication skills in building relationships with all other volunteers, staff and residents. Work closely with the case manager in determining how best to carry out the mentor role in meeting the needs of the resident. STM Values and Culture:
Treats all residents, visitors, staff, and volunteers with caring, kindness, respect, and dignity always showing God's love and grace. (Exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit. Gal. 5:22-23) Adheres to STM policies, procedures, code of conduct, and attendance rules. Maintains strict confidentiality of all information. Adheres to the policies in the use of computer technology and all tele-communication devices. Daily prayer, devotions, and weekly worship. Sexual integrity.
Job Requirements: Core Behavioral Competencies:
* Be a mature Christian, living a lifestyle that reflects our Lord Jesus.
Be nonjudgmental, positive, nurturing, supportive, honest, trustworthy, reliable and consistent, patient, flexible. Be a good active listener.
Maintain confidential communications.
* Maintain healthy boundaries with the resident.
Refrain from asking questions out of personal curiosity but only to further the growth of the mentee and your relationship. Have a commitment to the growth and success of the resident.
Encourage participation in the faith community Be accountable to the resident and hold the resident accountable. Have a genuine concern for those who have been previously homeless, incarcerated, addicted, or otherwise troubled. Be tolerant and respectful of individual differences. Have the ability to encourage and be supportive without creating a dependent relationship.
Ask for help when confronted with situations beyond your own resources or expertise.
* Understand and empathize with the challenges of the resident without letting them become
excuses. Able to solve problems, make decisions, and handle crisis situations calmly.
Education and Other Requirements: High School or GED minimum required. Be at least 21 years old. Pass background check. References (2 personal, plus pastor, and one past employer or volunteer supervisor.
Not use illicit drugs
* Not use alcohol or controlled substances in an inappropriate manner
* Not be currently in treatment for substance abuse and be in recovery for at least five years.
* Have valid Pa driver's license and a vehicle with liability insurance.
from Pastor Angelique and Jamie
Jamie shares why Sojourner House of Hope is important to her and needed here.
Rebecca is part of the advisory board and shares her why she joined Sojourner House
Rhianna shares why she is part of Sojourner House
Sponsor a mailing (Envelopes, ream of paper, postage, ink $100)
A month of security system monitoring specific to House $_______
A month of electricity for House? Current $_______ and occupied, anticipated monthly $_______
A month of heating (gas heating, new system has been installed) $_______
Trash removal? $_______
Water/septic bill for house? $_______
Help us to raise a salary for a house staff? $_______
Willing to be a Mentor? Each resident will need her own mentor.
Willing to be Volunteer staff?
Willing to Volunteer labor?
Help with recruiting, getting the word out, fundraising?
Job connection resource?